Just found this lovely blog from the UK. I’ve been wanting to dehydrate food but I don’t want an electric dehydrator….here it is, if you’re handy you’ll figure it out. These aren’t exactly plans, but you will see how it is built and can make your own from that…click here for the pics and a few measurements!
So we have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely New England Permaculture Homestead. Thank you New England Permies!!! For today we’re going to take a quick tour of what the Award is all about.
As far as we can tell the award is sort of like a chain letter for bloggers. The goal is to bring attention to blogs that haven’t been discovered. To accept the award one must nominate 5 bloggers with no more than 200 followers, thank the person who nominated them, link that person’s blog to their own and answer a few question. As for the origin of the Liebster Blog Award it seems to be still young. We searched online for the origin and didn’t find too much prior to 2010. It seems that rules have also changed here and there….
Here are the rules we were given:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and add a link to their blog.
- Display the award on your blog
- Provide a few facts about yourself (we used a link to my “about” page)
- Answer a few questions provided by your nominator. You will need to create a list of questions for your nominees as well. You can use the ones we’ve passed along, or make up your own:
- What inspired you to begin blogging?
- What do you enjoy most about it?
- What do you hope others will gain from reading your blog?
- How important is it to you to receive likes, comments and more followers?
- Nominate at least five bloggers who are relatively new or have a small number of followers. (Not all blogs post the number of followers, but you can usually look in their archives and tell when they started blogging.) It’s my understanding that the award is intended for newer bloggers to encourage them in their endeavor. Be sure to add a link to their blog so your readers will be able to go and see what they’re up to.
- List a set of rules on your blog.
- Inform each of your nominees that they have been nominated and let them know they need to see your posting of the rules on your blog.
- You can search the internet for more information about the Leibster Blog Award. You’ll find many variations on the rules. What I have here is pretty basic. You can also search “images” for the award and pick out the design you like best to post on your blog. I hope this award will be as much of an encouragement to all of you as it was to me. To each of you, keep inspiring and blog on!
Here it goes…
Thanks again to New England Permaculture for nominating us!!!
We’re an artist collective looking to live sustainably as much as wee can, learn and teach new skills in a permaculture state of mind. In the OffGridders blog you should find all easy to do and cheap ways to get off the grid through step by step blue prints and photos.
I think I started blogging because I wanted to have access to the information we’re posting from anywhere on the planet… And share the knowledge we’re finding.
What I enjoy most about blogging must be the idea of spreading my interests and interacting and connecting with like minded people.
I hope to inspire people in getting themselves on a sustainable way of life and show that we don’t need to be millionaires to live in such way that stops raping our planet.
it’s important for me to learn and share the skills needed to live off the grid on a small budget, if the people want to follow and like the blog it’s up to them….numbers aren’t what’s important but we should spread this thing, the more people live sustainably the more our planet will let us stay on it!
The Five Blogs I choose to nominate are:
Thanks all for reading ’till the end….!